Golf Des Iles Borromées is a Course built in a natural and uncontaminated environment and situated 500 meters above sea level, with a southerly exposure, fresh in summer and sunny in winter. But above all you will be enchanted by natural flora. Situated in an enchanting landscape, the Course has some exceptional views of the Swiss Alps and of the Ticino Plain. From the 18th tee you can often see the skyline of Milan and four lakes: Lake Maggiore, Lake Varese, Lake Monate and Lake Comabbio. The Golf Club Des Iles Borromées is open all year round except for January. We are closed on Mondays, from May to September included we are open seven days a week.
Designed by architect Robert von Hagge and inaugurated in 1997, Bogogno offers 2 extraordinary par-72 18-holes courses spreading across gentle hills overlooked by the peaks of the Monte Rosa mountain chain. Less than an hour’s drive from Milan and 20 minutes from Malpensa airport, the Bogogno Golf Club, its attractive panoramic setting, offers nature-lovers easy access to splendid tourist destinations such as the Ticino Nature park, the Lake of Orta and Lake Maggiore. The Bogogno Golf Club complex includes four housing estates designed by Francois Spoerry and by his successor Georges Bretones.
The Castelconturbia golf course stands on the earldom of Conturbia, sideways the seventeenth century Castle, where the water of Lake Maggiore gradually becomes the Ticino river, in a lovely setting of intact nature. The modern course has been ranked among the top ten courses in continental Europe and since 1987 and for all the following years the Club has been awarded the prize which recognizes the best courses in Italy. In 2003 it was awarded as the Number One. It has been two times venue of the Italian Open (1991 & 1998): course record 66 held by Josè Maria Olazabal and Costantino Rocca.
The unmistakable imprint of the "Golden Bear", our Golf Club.
When, in the early 90’s between Olgiate and Solbiate Olona, Jack Nicklaus found himself in front of a land of around seventy acres that meant to be the golf course "Le Robinie", He did not have any doubts about what was done: dig, dig, dig. So bulldozers moved two million cubic meters of ground and gravel to create a masterpiece of depressions, amphitheatres, terraced bunkers and lakes leading the unmistakable imprint of the "Golden Bear ". One hundred golf courses in the world carry the same signature, but only one in Italy, this one! A masterpiece already considered among the best in Europe.
Golf Club Varese is located in an ancient convent, built in the XIIth Century by Magistri Cumacini, where the Benedictine Sisters used to live up to the XVth Century , when St.Carlo Borromeo had it closed. Golf was first introduced in Varese in 1897 with a course, set in the beautiful park surrounding the Grand Hotel Excelsior, nowadays the residence of the Perfect. After being moved, for a short time, to a larger course, in the picturesque Valganna, it eventually settled, in 1934, at Luvinate. Its present 18 holes-course, with par 72, is on a gently ondulating ground and , at each hole, one can admite the wonderful view of Mount Rosa, the lakes Maggiore, Varese and Monate, besides Sacro Monte and Campo dei Fiori which shelter it from the cold north winds.